Norfolk Printing Company is the oldest commercial print shop in Norfolk still operating under its original name. Founded in 1932 by Al Leibowitz, Norfolk Printing Company first opened its doors on Plume Street where the fountain exists today. In 1965, the shop moved to 805 Granby Street where it has remained since. Ownership was passed on to Michael Phelps in 1981, who still operates the business today.
The print business has evolved since 1932, from pain-staking letterpress equipment to high speed offset, to the new digital age. Many shops have closed their doors and others have merged. We are proud that we have been able to keep up with the times while maintaining a healthy respect for the past and our roots.